Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Nice surprise

 There were signs of other visitors since my last walk around the plot. For the past few weeks the sweetcorn has been nibbled - but by what? Number one suspect is always pigeons but they would not drag a half-eaten cob across to the clear grass under the old apple tree. Then I spotted the scat (or poo). 



Not pigeon, then! 
A few other droppings around so had to consult the identification sheet when I got home but these remain a mystery.
A. arrived whilst I was having a coffee break (nice surprise) and she correctly identified hedgehog droppings - not purple, as I had been lead to expect, so the colour might depend on what the hog had eaten (obvious, I suppose). 

The large fungi growths from last week have disappeared, only to be replaced by a couple of delicate parasols in the straw grass.

We had a chat about the plot then I packed up and left A. to its peacefulness.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yep, it's slipped away....

 Too many plans, ideas, ambitions but too little time.  The decision has been made.  Relief. But then the mild panic because what to take? W...