Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Job part done

 It was dry yesterday and although there is a light dew, it is dry enough to try trimming the hedge. I've not done this before so came with 3 batteries, protective glasses and focus. 

Although the trimmer isn't particularly heavy, it is awkward so there were plenty of breaks. I couldn't reach the top and I only went as far as the window because of the wasp nest and I had no intention of disturbing them! I did disturb several (possibly) white plume moths. The line is a bit wibbly-wobbly but overall, not bad. 

I must say it took longer to tidy up than actually trimming but the sun was shining and the coffee stayed hot.

While I was sitting I could hear the bees and hoverflies in the wild flower patch, enjoying the red clover and the yellow flowers. Also the mallow (not marsh, the other one),


At least 3 robins and 2 blackbirds followed me along the hedge, looking for treats. Magpies and bluetits flying low overhead. Clouds of white fly fuzzed the air. Sitting in my favourite spot I could hear the now faded leaves of the big trees, shimmering like rain in the autumn sun.
Then a brown butterfly whizzed across the plot, too fast to recognise.
Bliss.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yep, it's slipped away....

 Too many plans, ideas, ambitions but too little time.  The decision has been made.  Relief. But then the mild panic because what to take? W...